We shake off the World Series hangover with an episode to review the Giants’ moves in the offseason thus far, and we even challenged ourselves with listening to our season preview episode that we recorded at The Public House (at AT&T Park) with Thomas and Danny from Two Guys, a Glove and a Coke Bottle.
- Scu-Scu-Scutaro signs 3 yrs/$20 – We all like this one, even if he sucks at age 40
- Pagan signs 4 yrs/$40m – Thank the baseball gods that he signed one day before Victorino signed with Boston for 3/$39m!
- Affeldt signs 3y/$18m – Quality signing, he likes the stability of the Giants
- Pence will be signed, probably for $13-$14m in arbitration, Giants not seeking long term contract, though
- Torres is Back! 1 yr, $2m
- Blanco is arbitration eligible, probably won’t cost that much
- Sabean and Bochy contracts extended through 2014
- Dodgers with the largest payroll in MLB history at $225m
- Melky gets 2/$16m from Blue Jays who are loading up for a run at it
The BIG Question
- What will happen with Brian Wilson? We all concur that the Giants had to make the business decision that they did, and that frankly, Wilson is being a whiny douche if he’s hurt by their non-tender. He doesn’t deserve $7 million for a year after his second Tommy John. In fact, he earned $8.5 million last year for two appearances before he went on the shelf. Suck it up, sign an incentive-laden contract with the Giants and we’ll all move along as a happy family.
- Chad put out an over/under of 92.5 wins for the Giants and EVERYONE LAUGHED AT HIM
- The group reset the over/under to 87.5 wins, and everyone took the over, except the self-titled “realist” Thomas
- Chad also put the over/under for games Freddy Sanchez plays at 100 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
- What does Crawford have to hit to be worth it?we all said .230, he hit .248 and played dazzling D down the stretch, I say he surpassed expectation
- Thomas says Blanco will not be on the roster by the All Star break
- Hamate bone was a freak injury – thomas
- Danny says now that steroids are over…
- Danny says top offensive player won’t be Posey or Pablo
- How high would we go for Cain extension? The highest we said was 125 over 5, he got 127 for 6 with an option for 7 that could bring it to 141
- Willie wanted to win a WS and defend with the exact same team. Well, he’s pretty much getting his wish
- Why will the Giants win it all? (asked in April, 2012)
- Willie predicted that the Giants would win it all because they weren’t going to have a freak injury
- Ben – rotation getting better
- Michael (from The Grubby Glove) – Dbacks won’t come together, Bumgarner steps up big time, says division winner
- Chad – dumb luck!!! hahhaha
- Danny – second wild card
- Thomas – “we won’t, I’m a realist”
Tweet At Me, Bruh
- Bryan Murphy @Every6thDay: Obviously, the Giants will have to raise ticket prices significantly to afford Andres Torres, but that’s what happens w/ a break-even team.”
- “Miss Erin @Love4PatTheBat: Brian Patrick Wilson, you quit your pouting and come back to those who love you and tolerate your insanity! @BrianWilson38 #SFGiants”
Our New Favorite Guy
- Chad – Brian Sabean for signing Pagan a day before Victorino signed with the Red Sox
- Willie – Duane Kuiper for his joke during the parade, asking Affeldt to take a swing after he called a homer for Pablo and say Swing and a miss!
We Should Hate This Guy
- Willie – Magic Johnson, go muck up basketball if you’re gonna get all ridiculous in a sport, although basketball is pretty screwed up already
Why We Will Win It All
- Chad – They’ve brought the gang back (mostly)