Click the player above to listen to the Episode!
It’s been a while, but the boys are back with the first podcast of the 2013 regular season.
- Giants return with 21 of 25 members from the 2012 WS team
- Surprise guys who made the team, Nick Noonan and Guillermo Quiroz
- We talk a bit about our amazing experience at Media Day in February, and the opportunity to interview many of the Giants players. (if you missed it, go to our YouTube channel for the treasure trove of video interviews with Posey, Lincecum, Belt, Crawford, Zito, Romo, Bochy)
The Week in Review
- Giants first week of the 2013 season and they go 4-3, taking 2 of 3 from LA and losing the last 2 to StL, and winning the first one from Colorado.
- Pence is HAWT: 3 HRs in the first 7 games, .292
- Lots of cold hitters: Scutaro, Posey, Belt, Torres all under .200
The Big Question
- Any concern about Cain or Vogelsong or Lincecum? Nahhhh
- Would you have pulled Cain earlier on Sunday?
Tweet At Me, Bruh
- Chad: “Bay Area Sports Guy @BASportsGuy Get me some shots of sad cheerleaders, stat! AND Wendy Thurm @hangingsliders: Obligatory sad cheerleader photo dot tumblr”
- Willie: @Nicolevolgelsong is now following us, we win
Our New Favorite Guy
- Willie: Chad Gaudin – great pickup, really good stuff and looks like he’ll be a fixture in the pen this year
- Chad: NICK NOONAN! first hit and fun name
- Ben: Brandon Crawford, Honorary Mention: Aubrey Huff
We Should Hate This Guy
- Chad: The designer for the Giants WS Gold jerseys…SF logo on a HOME jersey?
- Willie: Clayton Kershaw
- Ben: Jose Castillo
Why We Will Win It All
- Chad: Because they have home gold jerseys with the SF on the chest
- Willie: This team should be better with no Huff, Torres back and Lincecum should at least be better than last year, full season of Pence and Zito having a resurgence
- Ben: SMALL SAMPLE SIZE
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
We also have a new TortureCast Mug for sale on Zazzle!