You can download the episode here, or stream it below!
With special guest, Ryan Leong (@ryanleong), Chad and Eric discuss the last two weeks of the Giants’ season and realize, like even the Giants’ brass, that this season will not end in the playoffs. At 65-67 and 8 games back with 30 games to play, the Giants probably just need to play the youngsters. Also, Buster Posey had hip surgery today and will miss the rest of the season and be out 6-8 months, hopefully ready in time for the 2019 season with more power to contribute from his legs.
We also talk about the possibility of the ballpark being adjusted to lure future power hitter free agents, Derek Holland’s racially insensitive appearance on national TV, a setback for Jeff Samardzija, the fight between the Dodgers and Giants, the excessive proclivity for the Giants’ bullpen to fail and much, much more on episode 151 of the TortureCast!
Ryan Leong been covering the Bay Area teams since 1998. Freelancing for major sports radio networks including ESPN and CBS Sports Radio, AP Radio and NBC News Radio. He has coverd all of the major events, including Super Bowls.
Ryan Leong also sent 6 interviews recorded after yesterday’s game against the Rangers. You’ll find these at the end of the podcast:
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy says he roots for Derek Holland because he’s has been doing his best to bounce back from a bad 2017 season with the White Sox
- Giants starting and winning pitcher Derek Holland says while he has shown improvement on the mound he wants to make it through the seventh inning
- Giants center fielder Steven Duggar says he’s doing anything he can in each game to help the team win
- Rangers manager Jeff Banister says Yovani Gallardo made one bad pitch which was the two run triple hit by Steven Duggar
- Rangers starting and losing pitcher Yovani Gallardo says he knew the pitcher was on deck but with the count 2-2 he wanted to get Steven Duggar out and it didn’t happen
- Rangers shortstop Elvis Andrus says the offense struggled while in Oakland and it had a carryover effect into their series vs. Giants