Chad finally podcasted without sleeping children upstairs, so he was a little boisterous in this one.
We talk about the Giants’ recent success, Dodgers recent failures, and the cautious optimism for the Giants clinching their 2nd NL West title in the last 3 years.
- On May 26th the Giants were 7.5 games back. Since then, they’ve gone 57-39 and reversed this margin +.5 game. Not. Too. Shabby. Conversely, the bums are 43-54 since lighting up the easiest schedule in the west early.
- Even if LAD went 19-0, the Giants would have to go 13-6, not impossible. If the Giants play 9-10 ball, Dodgers have to go 16-3 to tie
- Dodgers are 28-35 vs West, Giants are 9 games better
The Week In Review
- Giants take 2 of 3 from LA, could have been a sweep
- Giants dominant on road again, winning 12 of their last 15, and 21-7 since break
The BIG Question
- What’s going on with Panda? 3 XBH in a month since coming off the DL. 0-10 in COLORADO
- Is Posey MVP? Sports Illustrated thinks so
- Would you sit Vogelsong for a start? 9+ ERA in last 6 starts, even he thinks he’s pitching like crap
Tweet At Me, Bruh
- “Brandon McCarthy @BMcCarthy32: With this sweet new haircut and homemade Bane mask I’m off for a big day of yelling at tourists in Union Square.”
- CSNBaggs: Well-traveled Scutaro ‘would love to’ re-sign with Giants: When Marco Scutaro first learned of his trade from Co… http://t.co/9fhyVeTb
Our New Favorite Guy
- Aubrey Huff for a couple of nice PH singles in COL, jovial enthusiasm in the dugout when he hurt his hand slapping Theriot in the ass.
- Jeff Kent, he’s on survivor yo!
- Ryan Vogelsong, because Josh Farenbaugh won a contest
We Should Hate This Guy
- Aaron Rogers for backing out of a bet with Boyz II Men. He was supposed to wear a Niner jersey this week
- Matt Kemp, because…Matt Kemp.
Why We Will Win It All
- No collapse in the last 19 games, take care of the Reds, repeat Cody Ross in NLCS and get the Blarney Stone flown over to SF for the World Series?
- National’s General Manager Mike Rizzo