Willie was recreating his vision of “The Color of Money” at a local SF pool hall and brought his jubilant intoxicating personality onto Episode 32 of “The TortureCast.”
We talk World Series 2010 rematch with the Rangers and 2 shutouts, Lincecum’s woes (and their amazing record without him), Panda’s return, “The Riot” is on fire, Vogelsong is da man, and overall the Giants are actually in a pretty good place. Listen to the decline in Willie’s attitude and rants about Lincecum and rude fans, he cares about the children, really, listen to it, it’s worth it.
- Overall, Giants have played well since we last recorded, own 4th best NL record (34-27), 5 GB of LA, hold 2nd wildcard
- Had won or tied 9 consecutive series until today
- First shutout of season vs Rangers, one of last three teams w/o shutout this season
The Week In Review
- Giants are 2-11 when Lincecum starts, including 8 losses in a row. ERA up to 6.00; is he finished? Do they need to skip a start or two? Do they need to install bongs in the dugout? Can’t stay away from the BIG inning. Has given up 3+ ER in one inning in 8/13 starts now.
- Melky’s hamstring. Misses Rangers series and they’re shut out for the first time this season…twice!
- Panda’s return and his wandering penis; SF went 21-14 w/o him.
Tweet At Me, Bruh
- “Actually, a title from a blog post from McCovey Chronicles today, “”Source: Tim Lincecum Is Not Having a Good Season”"
Our New Favorite Guy
- Vogelstrong: dude is money, showing no signs of back issues; 2nd in NL ERA at 2.26.
- Theriot: please give us a 2B man
- Blanco: Like Pavlovic says…he just MAKES THINGS HAPPEN
- Honorable Mention: Stony Brook Seawolves
We Should Hate This Guy
- Josh Hamilton
- All star game PR people
- Craig Gentry
Why We Will Win It All
- If Lincecum doesn’t pitch anymore (they are 32-16 when he doesn’t pitch, .667 best in MLB)
- Vogelsong, Zito, Cain, Bumgarner
Also, catch up on a Lincecum article Chad wrote earlier this week.